2012 Grant Awardees
Cherry Street Health Services
Michigan Dental Association Foundation, Michigan Mission of Mercy event
Michigan Department of Community Health
West Michigan Dental Foundation Miles of Smiles
Western Upper Peninsula Healthcare Access Coalition
Delta Dental Foundation
Since it was established in 1980 as the philanthropic arm of Delta Dental, the Delta Dental Foundation (formerly the Delta Dental Fund*) has provided grants totaling nearly $15 million to organizations that provide dental care for the underserved, to programs that promote the importance of good oral health, and to educational institutions to enhance dental education and research.
The Foundation focuses on support in these main categories:
- Scientific research
- Programs designed to make dental care available to those unable to afford it
- Programs to help at-risk populations and individuals with special needs obtain dental treatment
- Continuing education programs for the dental profession
- Educational materials on the importance of oral health and hazards to oral health
- Community-based educational programs for dental students
DDF Research Grant applications are due April 15, 2013. Click here to view the guidelines or download the application.
Continuing Dental Education
The Foundation supports continuing dental education (CDE) opportunities for dental professionals.
The Delta Dental Foundation provides financial support, in the form of grants, to various organizations.
Every year, the Delta Dental Foundation awards scholarships and Student Leadership Awards to students who demonstrate excellent academic and leadership skills, and who exhibit a passion for dentistry.
*The Foundation will continue to use the name Delta Dental Fund in legal documents.