What do the different dental specialties mean?
- General Dentists provide a full range of services for the entire family.
- Endodontists specialize in diseases of the tooth pulp, performing such services as root canals.
- Oral Surgeons remove impacted teeth, and repair fractures of the jaw and other damage to the bone structure around the mouth.
- Orthodontists correct misaligned teeth and jaws, usually by applying braces.
- Pediatric Dentists generally limit their practices to children and teenagers.
- Periodontists treat diseases of the gums.
- Prosthodontists generally specialize in replacing missing natural teeth with bridges and dentures.
- Oral Pathologists review tissue samples to diagnose diseases of the mouth.