Lansing, Michigan—Building a healthy mind and body starts with having the right tools.
In celebration of National Reading Month in March, Delta Dental is teaming up with legislators to focus attention on the importance of daily brushing and reading at its annual Legislative Tote Bag Luncheon.
During the event, Delta Dental will provide legislators and their staff with tote bags full of oral health materials and story books. Legislators will share the materials when they visit and read to first grade students during National Reading Month.
The Legislative Tote Bag Luncheon is part of Delta Dental’s Brighter Futures initiative that focuses on improving children’s oral health and literacy.
Tote bags contain:
- Daily brushing and reading charts and bookmarks;
- An oral health story book;
- A children’s oral health DVD;
- Rethink Your Drink posters;
- Oral health science activity cards;
- First grade oral health lesson plan; and
- Healthy Kids Dental information
WHAT: Legislative Tote Bag Luncheon
WHEN: Wednesday, Feb. 28, 11 a.m.
WHERE: Anderson House Office Building, Mackinac Room, Fifth Floor, 124 N. Capitol Ave. Lansing, MI 48933
WHO: Legislators and Delta Dental representatives