Delta Dental partnership helps make college more affordable
Paying for college tops the list of concerns for many Americans. Now, Delta Dental of Michigan is helping to ease the burden for eligible participating dentists and their staff through a new partnership with SAGE Scholars Tuition Rewards®.
This unique program is available only to our Delta Dental PPOTM participating dentists and their staff, at no cost to them.
Once registered, you’ll begin earning Tuition Rewards points and will continue to earn points as long as you participate in the Delta Dental PPO network. The points can then be applied toward college tuition for children, stepchildren, grandchildren, nieces or nephews, and godchildren. Tuition Rewards are accepted at nearly 400 private colleges and universities across the country.
Here’s how the benefit works:
- One Tuition Reward point = $1 in tuition reduction.
- PPO participating dentists can earn $5,000 worth of annual Tuition Rewards points.
- Participating dental office staff can earn $3,000 worth of annual Tuition Rewards points.
- Members can share the benefit with eligible relatives, including children, nieces, nephews, stepchildren, grandchildren and godchildren, subject to certain restrictions.
- Colleges participate as a way to boost their student recruitment.
Eighty percent of the nearly 400 participating colleges and universities were ranked among America’s Best by U.S. News and World Report in 2016.
Tuition Rewards may be redeemed for discounts on undergraduate tuition at participating four-year private colleges and universities, starting with the freshman year. Points must be submitted at the time of application for the freshman year. Tuition Rewards are remitted solely as a reduction to the participating college’s full tuition bill—not awarded in cash. Participating colleges reserve the right to include Tuition Rewards as part of any financial aid package. Tuition Rewards are limited to a maximum per student of up to one year’s tuition spread evenly over four years, or as contractually agreed to between SAGE and the participating college. The list of participating colleges and universities may change, and Tuition Rewards does not guarantee acceptance into any participating college or university.
Download the program flier to learn more about the program and additional limitations, or read the frequently asked questions.
If you’re a participating Delta Dental PPO provider and would like to register, please fill out the Excel spreadsheet with required information and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re not a current participant in the Delta Dental PPO network, consider joining the network today.
Help children achieve their dreams, and join Delta Dental in investing in brighter futures. Enroll today in Tuition Rewards!
The cost of a college education
- 78 percent of families with children indicated their No. 1 financial concern was the cost of a child’s education.1
- Student debt is the second largest household debt behind home mortgages.2
- More families limited college choices based on cost.3
1. 2015 Gallup Financial Concerns Survey 2. Marketwatch, “America’s growing student-load debt crisis,” web. 3. USA Today, “Picking college, major, comes down to money,” web.