Rethink Your Drink: Choose Water!
The Delta Dental Foundation has partnered with MESSA to expand its campaign to encourage students to drink more water during the day.
The submission deadline has passed.
Recipients will be announced February 2018.
Water’s cool at school!
Providing access to drinking water throughout the school day gives students a healthy alternative to sugary beverages like soda pop and sports or juice drinks. Drinking plenty of water can help combat obesity, increase energy levels and may improve students’ cognitive functions. Further, if fluoridated, drinking water also plays an important role in preventing cavities.
As part of its Rethink Your Drink campaign, the Delta Dental Foundation has teamed up with MESSA and committed a total of $200,000 to REPLACE existing drinking fountains at a number of selected schools in Michigan with new Elkay water fountain/bottle filling stations installed by Balfrey & Johnston, Inc. of Oak Park, MI.
What your school could win:
Your school could be one of those selected to receive the following:
- One or more brand new water fountain/bottle filling stations (including installation)
- Water bottles for all students and staff
Contact Kim Garland at 517-347-5333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2017 recipients:
- Bath Community Schools, Bath
- Bentley Middle School, Burton
- Marshall Greene Middle School, Birch Run
- Dye Elementary School, Flint
- Charlotte High School, Charlotte
- Grandview Elementary School, Livonia
- Concord Elementary and Middle Schools, Concord
- Dewitt High School, Dewitt
- Patrick Hamilton Elementary School, Dowagiac
- Ferndale Lower Elementary, Ferndale
- Oscar A. Carlson High School, Gibralter
- Hope Middle School, Holt
- Three Fires Elementary School, Howell
- Lakeville Memorial High School, Otisville
- Everett High School, Lansing
- Meads Mill Middle School, Northville
- Olivet Middle and High Schools, Olivet
- Plymouth Educational Center, Detroit
- Handley Elementary School, Saginaw
- Sandusky High School, Sandusky
- Waverly Middle School, Lansing
- Wegienka Elementary School, Brownstown
- Ypsilanti Community High School, Ypsilanti
To learn more about how to increase access to drinking water in school or about Delta Dental’s Rethink Your Drink campaign, check out the following:
CDC: Increasing Access to Drinking Water in Schools
Water First: A Toolkit for Promoting Water Intake in Community Settings
Guidance on Drinking Water Sampling for Lead and Copper at Schools and Daycares
Rethink Your Drink